Friday, May 7, 2010

First Date Flashback

I had one of these when my wife and I were dating and first married.  Mine wasn't rusty and it was a convertible.  The first time she got in it on our first date she asked if it was a Karmann Ghia.  That wasn't a cool thing to ask a Porsche owner, but I forgave her. We still laugh about that car mix up.

While riding home on my motorcycle yesterday afternoon I stopped by the road to take some photos of this landmark.  The car marks the entrance to the property of a guy and his son who restore old Porches. There isn't a sign for the business so the car looks out of place near the road. Too bad it has to rust away.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I've been visiting my kids, and haven't been visiting folks for a while. You've got some fine posts in the last week. I really like the open door and both the deserted streets...and I'm glad you were able to keep Zoey from the caterpillar long enough to get its picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the car blends into the natural landscape that is over-growing it. It gives the car a sense of belonging to the earth! As for me, I know nothing about cars, and couldn't tell you the difference between a VW or a Porsche. Blasphemy, I know, but us women need the men to teach us a thing or two about their manly hobbies and toys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dimple,
    Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate it. Hope your visit with your kids went well!

    Yolanda,
    I chuckled when I read your comment about blasphemy. I guess it is a guy thing about cars. I like your observation about the car belonging to the earth. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun flashback... my brother might cringe if he saw the Porsche that way... he's always wanted one (if he could fit in one!! He's well over 6 feet tall!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo and great story!
    Rust is a wonderful thing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacey! I'm over 6 feet tall. Those cars have plenty of room. I use to stretch out just fine. He should sit in one sometime. :)

    Hi Pat! Thank you. Rust is kind of like the weather... we have to live with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mike,
    I saw the other version at your other blog, but I like this one best. Love the story of the first date. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kari,
    You're one of the few who visits both blogs and I really appreciate that Kari! There were some funny things that happened on our first date like discovering we have the same birthday (I'm 3 years older). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete