Thursday, May 6, 2010

Windshield Art

Yesterday afternoon I hesitated before getting out of my car in a parking lot during a combination of heavy rain and hail. Then the thought came to me that maybe I could catch an interesting shot of the hail bouncing off of the hood. By the time I got the camera ready the hail stopped but I took a picture anyway. The cold rain-hail combination made an unusual coating on the windshield which gave the lines on the truck and building a twisted look. I think there might be a filter in Photoshop that also does this.

7 comments:

  1. Nice photo.Bravo.

    www.photo-graphimata.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating image - makes a great abstract!
    Gena @ Thinking Aloud

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very clever shot Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Escape,
    Thank you!

    Gena,
    Thanks for your comment!

    Roy,
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there is a filter in photoshop for everything. :)
    I don't think a filter has as interesting results as the real thing. Photoshop can't pick up all those unique nuances the occur in the real world, but they are fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kari,
    I think you're right about photoshop and the filters. Some of them are fun to mess with, although actually capturing unique shots is more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great example of being able to "see" a photo before you make the exposure. Good work!

    ReplyDelete